Friday, March 4, 2011

Blog Post 7

Last Lecture I really enjoyed listening to Randy Pausche's Last Lecture. I didn't pay attention to the title of the video, "Last Lecture", until the end, so I was hoping that at the end we would be told her survived the cancer. Throughout this video, I laughed and even teared up at the end. Randy was such a well known man who accomplished a lot of things before the age of 50. He has work that will go on to help better students learning with advanced technology.
I looked up some more information on the programs he created and were involved in. Alice is a program that has classes set up for teachers and students to use the 3-D programming. I went and looked at the Alice blog and I watched this guy make one of a 3-D animation of a penguin for his class. It was really interesting how this works. It really does make class fun, it's a fully interactive class making animation.
The Entertainment Technology Center really seemed like a lot of fun. It's a masters program for studetns focused on Technology Entertainment. When he showed us the pictures, it seems like they make it a lot of fun. I really like how he relates with the students, such as no text books because they have already had four years of reading books. He also relates with the students by making hard school work, fun!
These programs seem like a lot of hard work but will pay off in the end. I think it's really awesome how they pretty much have a job waiting for them when they graduate with their masters degree from this school. I can imagine how nice it would be, to know that all your hard work will pay off for sure when you get done. It's kinda scary right now going into education, because there are such shortages in jobs...especially in Mobile.
Randy had the oppurtunity to meet and work with some great people, who he gave full credit to for helping him reach his goals. He was so optimistic and he was very insprining, especially when he talked about never giving up.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you I wanted to hear at the end that he was a survivor but I thought about how much of a difference he made in the world in his short time here and we never know when our time is up so we need to get busy changing the world through the way we teach as well. He was an amazing man of character and his values in teaching were phenomenal and I only hope to take some of him into my classroom and change teh world one student at a time.

    ReplyDelete