Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blog Post #9

Mr. McClung's What I've learned this year- In Mr. McClung's essay he made some very valuable points in a short and simple essay. As future teachers, we should follow what he says in these essays. He is right about the lesson plans, teachers get so tied up with preparing their lesson plans for their principals that teachers often forget who the lesson plan is actually for. It's unfortunate that in the classroom now, the teachers are always having to drill the students with testing and how to prepare the students for the tests. Those tests are such important on the teacher and the school as a whole, the teachers focus solely on testing. I'm sure as a beginner teacher, I will go in focusing strictly on my lesson plan and making sure my principal will like it, that I will get side tracked in remembering that it's for the students. I really liked what he said about teacher/student relationship, "I truly believe that teachers do not know enough about the students they are teaching. In order to build the respect that we all seek in a student teacher relationship, it is important to take interest their the lives of our students. It's that important." I have always said that I think it's important that the teachers always listen to the students and get to know each student's individual personality. I asked my teacher one day that I was observing how she gets her children to behave so well, and she said because she knows each of their personalities and how to handle them when they get upset.


1 comment:

  1. Ashley,

    Mr. McClung's post definitely offers a few valuable tips for pre-service teachers!

    You say, "He is right about the lesson plans, teachers get so tied up with preparing their lesson plans for their principals that teachers often forget who the lesson plan is actually for." This definitely applies to be! So much sweat and hard work goes into conducting a lesson plan; it's going to be slightly scary when things veer!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete