Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blog Post 12

Social Media in the classroom- Watch this video by Eric Langhorst on how Social Media can be used in the classroom through technology. This video is very helpful in describing how to make use of twitter, facebook, flickr, and other social media sites to use in the classroom. This video is about his history class and how they can use the social media to learn and discuss history with people from all over the world the social media.

I really enjoyed this video and I think ya'll will find it very helpful if you are still having any problems with understanding social media and how they all work. Also go to his website http://speakingofhistory.blogspot.com/ to look at his other helpful tools on how to use social media.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley,
    I really enjoyed watching the video by Eric Langhorst. I personally think that it was presented in a unique way. I think using twitter, facebook, and Skype are great ways to incorporate technology in the classroom. I did not have a twitter account until I took this class. At first, I was like why in the world do we need to have a twitter account? Now, I am glad that we do because we are able to communicate with others and share ideas. This was a great assignment Ashley and we have all most made it to the end of the semester.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley,

    I really enjoyed reading your post and watching the video by Eric Langhorst. I agree with you that we should definitely teach our students about the use of Social Media. Jennifer, I was the same way, I did not have a Twitter account and did not see it as being very useful until I created one for this class. There are so many useful learning tools out there for our students to use! They are great learning tools and also great for meeting new students with creative ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete