Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blog post #5

Podcasting in the Classroom- I have never actually thought of how podcasting can be a useful tool in the classroom and outside of the classroom. That is a really good idea for teachers to have the lectures in class on video, because when a student is absent they can view the lecture. I remember missing a week of school and falling so far behind, but with podcasting children can keep up with the other students. It's also a good idea to have a podcast on blogs so other students and teachers can view them and comment on the podcasts. Podbean, sounds like an great site to make use of for teachers to have blog sites for their students to use to chat with each other outside of the classroom.
Podcast help The website Judy Scharff Podcast Collection was a very helpful website on how to do podcasts. The definition alone was very helpful for me, because I'm going to admit I just thought it was another name for video. There were several links to go to that will be helpful in making a podcast and how to download certain softwares to help you make a podcast. I am really looking forward to making a podcast after reading and watching these videos. It led me to a video called PODCAST 101 which was a bit lengthy but it was a great help. I'm going to use this website to go back and get the links to download the softwares to help me with my podcasts.
100 Ways to Use Your Ipod This website was really interesting, I didn't know you could download all these things onto your Ipod. I know that they have all these applications for Itouch and Iphones but I didn't know you could use them for Ipods. That's probably not what they are talking about and I just sounded like an idiot. I'm going to assume they are though and their are so many cool things. I like the one for learning Spanish and English, that's really awesome if you want to learn another language. I also like the application, where you can download the Bible and listen to it, somebody like my grandmother would love this. Thanks for showing all these websites, that are going to be very helpful in making podcasts.
Third Graders Podcasts- I went ahead and watched this one, because I was really interested to see what the third graders did on their podcasts. This was an amazing coming from third graders, I learned quiet a bit on the Romans just from this video that was very informative!!!

1 comment:

  1. The iPod Touch can have all of the apps that an iPhone can have. Remember the iSchool Initiative?

    ReplyDelete