Friday, February 4, 2011

C4T and C4C Posts

C4T#1- For my C4T assignment I was assigned to the blog site,  Connected Principals. The first post I responded to was, Guts: An alloy much stronger than gold, posted by "cbirk". In this post, she discussed how we as teachers need to have guts in order to be good teachers. Teachers with guts aren't scared to get out there and do things to better their students. She also gave a list of teachers and principals who have done remarkable things that required guts. I thought it was interesting that two of these teachers created a survey for their students, where the students can evaluate them every week. This lets the students speak up and let the teachers listen to the problems they might be having in the classroom. It creates a relationship between the teacher and the student. I responded to the blog by stating that I really enjoyed her blog. I unfortunately did not get a response.  
C4T#2- For my second assignment, I chose another blog to respond to. The second blog was, Multicultural Education, posted by Dave Bircher. Dave talked about how we should have more multiculturalism in the classroom and in the schools. At his school, they have dedicated a day to Multicultural Day, where the students have a day completely about other countries. The Vancouver's drummer and dancers that performed at the 2010 Olympics perform at their school. I responded back and said that when I was in high school, we had an event called International Festival at school. It was kinda like the Mobile International Festival, but the students put it on at our school. I haven't received a response yet, but I noticed he responds to everyone so hopefully I will get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment